Baking can be so fun, whether you are alone or baking with your significant other. Here is an easy newlywed recipe to enjoy making and of course, eating together! If you’re not already drooling from the name of this post alone; “Individual Chocolate Melting Cakes”, then keep reading for the full recipe…
Individual Chocolate Melting Cakes
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 8 (I have to say I disagree, I feel that the serving size of cupcakes really depends on your mood! To me these could serve like, 3 people MAX, if I’m involved!)
- 10 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- caramel sauce
- coffee ice cream
- Heat oven to 325° F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat.
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and melted chocolate. Mix with a spoon until well blended.
- Divide the batter evenly into 8 muffin tins and bake until the cakes have just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- The cakes will still look a bit moist on top. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes. Serve warm with the caramel sauce and ice cream.
YUM! Hat-tip to Real Simple for this delectable recipe.