On the 25th March it’s National Bridesmaids Day, a day dedicated solely to appreciate the ladies who stand by their friends on one of the most important days of their lives. They are there through thick and thin and there are many weddings that simply wouldn’t have happened without their trusted bridesmaids by their side.
So here are the 10 reasons why we love bridesmaids:
- They drop everything to dedicate their time and energy for a good part of a year (sometimes longer) to be by our sides with all of the wedding planning.
- They listen to our endless talk of colour schemes, venues, guest lists and menus when really they would much prefer to gossip like old times.
- They organize our hen do’s like a pro, not only managing the difficult personalities of the guests, the budget, the accommodation- they also book a weekend of fun filled activities and manage everything
- They never complain when they are dragged around numerous bridal shops looking at bridesmaid dresses that they aren’t always comfortable with.
- They always respond to our WhatsApp messages even when we message to rant about things that are small and insignificant.
- The morning of the wedding, they know just what to say to make us feel a million dollars!
- As we walk down the aisle, they know how to calm our nerves by making us laugh and confirming why there is no other girls we would rather have by our side on our special day.
- At the wedding they charm their guests with their beauty and fabulous dance moves.
- They help us go to the toilet and let us know when our makeup needs retouching. Not the most glamorous of jobs- but they are there for us.
- Finally, they let us talk about the wedding for the next year and never complain!
Here’s to all the special bridesmaids out there, Happy National Bridesmaids Day
For fun hen party activities check out Fizzbox.com