We’re dedicating February Date Month! But because so many couples are busy budgeting and saving for their big day, we’ve decided that the best date nights are free (besides special occasions of course!). Here are some of our favourite budget friendly date night ideas!
- Watch the sunset together. Is there a picturesque spot near your home? Why not walk there and enjoy the evening with each other.
- Tour of your town/city. Most cities or towns will do a walking tour, have a museum or maybe even a bus tour. Learning more about where you live can be exciting and interesting. Or you could walk or drive around your town.
- Road trip! Taking a little drive can be fun and will let you relax.
- Board game night can be a lovely opportunity to unwind.
- Technology free nights can be not only a great way to digitally detox but an excellent way to reconnect with your significant other.
- Nothing beats a movie night with popcorn and your favourite flicks. Or if it’s summer time, why not upgrade that to a portable drive-in using your laptop.
- Sometimes there can be nothing more stress free than picking a spot in a park and watching the world go by.
- A living room/back garden camp out is great because it reminds us of our childhood!
- Nothing beats a home made dinner made with pure love. Take it up a notch and add some candle light.
- Wandering through a bookshop together is always fun and a great way to start a conversation.
There are plenty of endless ideas that can be thought of here, so why not write them all down and put them in a jar. That way when you’re stuck for something to do, you can have fun without planning.