We’re currently welcoming plenty of beautiful spring weddings and have been working with lots of couples on how their wedding day will look and feel. At Mosborough Hall the team are always researching what the latest trends are going to be in terms of colourways, flowers, food and drink and lighting. Here are some of our insider tips on the big themes that will be featuring in spring weddings and how to incorporate them into your big day.
- Sustainability – We have seen the Royal family lead by example on this aspect of weddings. From Prince Harry and Meghan Markle choosing flowers that were in bloom in Spring and their classic E Type Electric Jaguar they used to drive to their reception to Princess Eugenie and her plastic-free wedding, they lead the trend for couples to add an element of sustainability to their wedding. We are working with couples of on lots of different way this can be incorporated from choosing one of our vegan menus to asking guest to make a donation to a charity of their choice instead of wedding presents to having all the communication regarding their wedding online – from invites, to directions to the hotel to wedding breakfast menus the amount of paper being used is definitely being reduced.
- Some years it’s all about pale and interesting and nudes however this year, and going into next, big bright colours will be big news. From bridal bouquets to table arrangements the colour will be seen through choosing bright bouquets and table decorations as well as a pop of colour on the bridesmaid dresses and the groomsman outfits. Colour can also be brought in via room dressing, fairy lights with bold colours, napkins, cocktails and even the food served. Metallics also play a part in this and can really brighten up the colourways for the day. Think about bright copper and bronzes that brighten up the rooms you are using.
- Brides making speeches will gain even more popularity. We work with lots of couples to help them get the speeches just right and this now includes lots more Brides who want to stand up and talk about their new partner and thank their friends and family for coming along to help them celebrate their wedding day.
- A speciality cocktail created just for the happy couple are right on trend. Many couples are working with a mixologist to produce a cocktail that represents their relationship, and future happiness, their characteristics and journey as a couple. The team at the wedding reception venue then serves the cocktail during the reception and ensures everyone has a glass of it to toast the happy couple.
- Tall cakes are back en vogue. If you are going for a two-tier ask your cake maker if they can add another one, or even two! Each one doesn’t have to be the same flavour, and they can be decorated in a simple classic style, or a colour but the higher the better.