Could you imagine being left without a wedding venue just days before what was supposed to be the best day ever?
That’s just what bride and groom-to-be, Melissa and Paul, were faced with only five days before their wedding day. Lucky for them, the team at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham were ready to step up and rescue their wedding day from disaster.
Following the call from the heartbroken bride and her father, Jill Connolly the Wedding & Special Event Coordinator and her capable team were ready to tackle the challenge. With mere days before they were due to celebrate with family and friends, the wedding team wanted to do anything they could to make it right for Melissa and Paul and relieve their stress. Shocked at the situation this couple had been placed in, the team were prepared to create a special celebration with efficiency, empathy and sympathy.
So, just how did the Radisson Blu Hotel Durham pull of the happy event? See what took place during the five days leading up to the wedding day…
- 5 days until the wedding: The father of the bride rang and spoke to Jill at length explaining their situation and asking if there was anything that they could do to help.
- 4 days until the wedding: Melissa and Robert (father of the bride) visited the venue to see the space, discuss the details and paid the deposit.
- 3 days until the wedding: Jill and the team kept in constant communication to go through the final details of their special day.
- 2 days until the wedding: Melissa dropped off their wedding items at the hotel and final run-through was discussed along with set up for the big day.
- The BIG day: Everything went smoothly and the bride and groom were able to enjoy their special day!
With the help of Melissa’s father, Robert, communication through the five-day process was a breeze. Jill and the team were able to handle everything on the day seamlessly. Everyone worked efficiently to turn an unfortunate situation into a happy one in the end!
From the Couple:
“I contacted the Radisson Blu with my father with little more than a week to go until our big day. Our plans had changed and we were in need of a new evening venue. The team at Radisson Blu were superb, especially Jill Connolly who went through everything with us and helped us plan our important day and were able to accommodate our wedding party at such short notice.
Come the day, everything went smoothly, myself and my new husband arrived and checked into our lovely Junior suite without any hassle. We were guided and notified of the progress of all the plans for the night time and any of our suggestions were welcomed. As our guests arrived the attention to detail was fantastic with balloons placed at the entrance, our rose petals had been sprinkled on the tables and a red carpet to greet our party. The evening buffet was lovely and everyone commented on how fantastic everything was.
We are so grateful and pleased by everything that Radisson Blu did for us. Our special day was just fantastic.
Thank you once again, Mr & Mrs MacDonald.”
Melissa & Paul MacDonald.
- To get in touch with Jill and the team today and learn more about the Radisson Blu Hotel Durham here.