Here is an easy checklist to follow when planning your big day…
- Decide what your dream day would be like as a couple (traditional, intimate etc).
- Start your budget and look at your funding options.
- Make a checklist! (There will be many!)
- Create a Pinterest account and fill it with ideas for your dress, venue, and décor.
- Form a bridal party.
- Go Wedding Dress shopping! (You probably can’t wait and didn’t need us to tell you to go!)
12 Months + To Go
- Choose a date and consider back-up dates. (You may need to be a little flexible)
- Narrow down a list of venues.
- Enquire with your favourites and book a viewing with each.
- Research wedding suppliers. (Florists, bands, photographers etc)
- Consider wedding insurance.
- Research and book your photographer and videographer.
- Head to Pinterest for décor inspiration!
- Book the church or marriage officiator.
- Confirm your ceremony and reception music.
8+ Months To Go
- Research accommodation for guests.
- Research Wedding Cake suppliers and place your order. (Mmmm, tastings!)
- Book hair and makeup trials.
- Finalise your guest list.
- Research stationery options.
- Start planning the honeymoon, check passports!
- Bridesmaid dress shopping!
6 Months Left!
- Investigate your choices for wedding rings.
- Send save-the-date cards.
- Research and book hair and make-up artist
4 Months To Go!
- Buy/Book groomsmen attire.
- Confirm all wedding suppliers and any special requests.
- Fittings for wedding dress.
- Confirm final guest list.
- Send out your wedding invitations. (a VERY exciting part).
- Buy any accessories (shoes, headpiece etc).
- Book wedding transport.
- Enjoy your hen or stag night!
Eeeep! 1 Month
- Confirm last details with your venue/suppliers.
- Final dress fitting.
3 Weeks Left!
- Give your photographer a list of shots you would like taken.
- Review set list with band/DJ.
- Enjoy your beauty treatments – leave at least one week recovery time to give your skin a chance to settle.
- Write your speeches.
- Confirm seating arrangements with the wedding team at your venue.
The Week Before
- Beautifying time……Get your tan done , nails and hair
- Wrap bridal party gifts.
- Make final arrangements with your venue/suppliers.
- Delegate. Delegate. Delegate.
The Day Before
- Keep Calm! Relax with a bath.
- Get your emergency bridal kit ready.
- Go to sleep early!
The Big Day!
Start the day with a hearty breakfast – brides often forget to eat!